The Technical Manager is a member of the company’s corporate Operations and Maintenance group, reporting to and implementing directives of the Sr. Director O&M Services. The Technical Manager is responsible for all O&M support activities of the corporate group, specifically, supporting resolution of ongoing operational problems at any of PIC Group contracted projects, outage planning, capital project implementation and plant reliability improvements. The Technical Support Manager fosters a team spirit by working in harmony with the Corporate Operations and Maintenance group and supporting plant staff on key operations and maintenance activities. The Technical Support Manager also performs any other tasks or assignments delegated by the Sr. Director of corporate Operations and Maintenance or as determined by the needs of the company.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide engineering and technical leadership in defining, evaluating and correcting problems with plant equipment, systems and developing plant improvements in order to optimize plant performance;
- Support corporate O&M Regional Directors, General Managers or Plant Managers in the effort to meet the contractual, technical and commercial targets of the Plant;
- Analyze plant O&M data to confirm plant performance to established standards, operating goals, permits and contracts. Identify and prioritize plant monitoring and performance improvement opportunities or requirements;
- Monitor plant efficiency, boiler combustion performance and gas turbine heat rates to verify the most economic and fuel efficient operation of the plant;
- Perform cost/benefit analyses of possible efficiency improvements and propose these as a capital expenditure during the annual budgeting process;
- Provide direct support and technical advice to the plant as it relates to operations and maintenance activities.
- Provide direct support and technical advice to Plant Personnel as it relates to the capital improvements and installation requirements.
- Using MS Project or equivalent, develop schedules with input from plant management. Specifically, take the lead on developing plans for maintenance outages and capital project implementation when required;
- Optimize plant reliability by analyzing equipment performance and making recommendations on preventive / predictive maintenance and spare parts inventory. Assess equipment failures, determine root causes, recommend recovery plans and impose cost effective solutions to prevent reoccurrence;
- Participate in the administrative maintenance and upkeep of plant operating manuals, technical references, prints and diagrams;
- With input from Plant Management and Corporate Personnel, help develop and implement plant reporting requirements by leveraging data captured by the distributed control system and other key data collection systems;
- Support the development, implementation and upkeep of the plant maintenance management system and provide support to optimize the equipment data and reporting formats;
- Participate in the periodic testing critical plant safety systems;
- Assist shift operations and maintenance personnel in the troubleshooting of plant operational problems;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director – O&M Services.
The Technical Support Manager reports to the Sr. Director O&M Services and works in harmony with the corporate management team. The Technical Support Manager works with O&M Services management and coordinates activities among and between corporate personnel, contractors and plant personnel on matters pertaining to engineering and technical activities.
Successful candidate maybe required to work extended hours including weekends and holiday, as necessary.
Periodic travel to the plant locations and/or customer’s corporate offices will be required to support plant business activities.
This position will require a background check and a pre-employment drug screening.
The successful candidate should be able to read and understand corporate programs, policies, plant drawings, P&ID’s, procedures and instructions specific to the operation and maintenance of equipment. Qualifications must include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or equivalent training & experience;
- A minimum of 15 years power generation experience with solid fuel and gas fired power plants including biomass stoker boilers, simple & combined cycle combustion turbines, coal fired boilers and reciprocating engines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills and a proficiency with Microsoft suite of program including Word, Excel, Project, Visio, and PowerPoint;
- Experience in power plant operations and CMMS programs (Maximo);
- Experience with cyber security standards, and Transmission and distribution companies and leverage existing assets to meet federal regulations;
- Valid Passport with the ability to travel internationallyManager